I've been working on little mini cutscenes before battles, but I've been running into some issues with the camera. I use the Top Down Border on my player and its been working great, but when I start a battle I'm using Change Camera Position to move it down a few units, play some dialogue, move it back to its initial position, then start the fight. Half the time the camera doesn't do the move and the screen always goes black when the dialogue shows. I've noticed when I start a completely new game the camera move never works, but when I save then load right before the event trigger the camera moves perfectly. I'm unable to figure out why that is and would love some help. Thanks!
  • Doing changes to the camera in events (e.g. via camera positions or just regular movement nodes) requires the camera control to be disabled, otherwise there are 2 things trying to change the camera. Usually that ends up in the camera control ruling over the other changes, as it's updated in late update.

The screen going black is most likely due to a screen fade.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is disabling camera control the same as blocking camera control? Or would I need to completely disable it before moving the camera around in events.
  • Ah, yeah - sorry. I meant blocking the camera control (which disables the control component).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!