I created my own prefab for my main character that I can move around, and it successfully spawns into my first area. But when any flying text happens in or outside of battles the text originates from where my prefab spawned in. The flying text works correctly for enemies, so I know its a problem with my prefab. I have both a rigid body 2d and a box collider 2d that I believe moves around with the player. Is there something I am missing? Where does the flying text originate from, and how can I make it follow the prefab that I created. Thanks for your time!
  • Sounds like your prefab is set up to have an empty base object that isn't moved, while the actually moving player is a child object of it. For this case, you can use the combatant's Child As Root setting to let ORK know that a child object is the actual player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That was it! I literally just had to type the child of the prefab into the Child is Root section of Combatants > Combatants. Thanks!
  • Just kidding! It messed something else up. It fixed the flying text that was being used outside of battles, and a problem I was having with the combatant always starting at the spawn point when loading a save even it saving in the middle of a room. But now the flying text in grid battles is always off for all combatants. When I disable the child of the prefab setting for my main combatant it somehow fixes the flying text notifications for all combatants in combat, but when I have it working outside of combat its not working inside. I'm using grid battles and can place my combatant before the fight, I can only assume it gets messed up when it spawns the new prefab for the combatant or something.
  • Hm, that seems strange - could you post a bit more about your prefab setup, e.g. a screenshot of the scene hierarchy of one of them? That'd allow me to do some tests with a similar setup.

Though, if the flying texts are working correctly out of battle, they should also work in battle, regardless of using a battle grid or not. The combatant's aren't mounted to them and the flying texts will still just use the combatant's game object for placement ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!