I am back to my hobbyst development, so, first of all, i would like to greet everyone (expecially newcomers)!
At the start of the year, i spoke to GiL about the possibility and the wish to support his work costantly. Don't ask me why, but i don't like plain donations, instead i would be glad to award GiL with a monthly amount during the optimizaiton of his products. I know that ORK F. and Makinom, as purchased assets, should be alreay involve the constant update of the product. But if we analyze better all the situation, we paid just once for a product that is honestly amazing: for example, last year i took part in Indie Game Making Contest 2015, asking opinions and reading judgmenets i noticed that my "poorly-made" game was compared to RPG Maker ones, as the structure was very similar, but it was indeed made in Unity, thanks to GiL's spectacular framework.
I wrote this premise to say that, in my opinion, it would be a win/win condition: GiL would get a new (even if little) monthly gain and we could benefit of an even neater product. Together with this, i was thinking about the how-to. When i firstly got this idea i hadn't a clue about a possible payment form (actually changing the site with premium section, handling payments, etc would be quite hard...), but while playing with RPG Maker i noticed that many experienced users take advantage of Patreon.
I suppose many of you already know Patreon (you can simply Google it and get an idea), but to explain it with few words:
- pledges are completely set by users, from the minimum of 1$/month, and can be withdrawn every moment.
- Pledges step are decided by the creator, and they award different benefits
- There is a sum of pldges (counted monthly) that can raise the level of the content creation with bonus perks.
So, with GiL completely freedom, it could keep it up normally with his work, and give the users that want to an instrument to support him even more. For example, it could be set this way:
- 1$/m for special forum access
- 5$/m for beta update access
- 10$/m for choice on tutorial / demostration (like explanation to set a particular combat type, or a minigame...)
- 25$/m for the possibility to vote on next update features (poll, ideas, etc...)
I know sometimes i have particularly odd ideas, but i would really like to discuss with other ORK users about the possibility of giving these wonderful assets a monthly support. And of course, i would be glad to hear Gil's thoughts too!
Have a nice day!