edited August 2015 in ORK Support
Hello folks,
ORK Framework 2.5.3, Unity 5.1.2p3
I´m using uGui for the UI parts and the Area Notification Settings Show Once check box is not checked.
When leaving an Area and enter it again the notification is shown once, it never pops again when reenter the area.
This works fine in the ORK Demo using the former GUIStyle.
before testing by switching back to guistyles I wonder if I missing something?
Thanks for any hint in advance.

Post edited by RustedGames on
  • The area notification is only shown when entering a new area, i.e. when you reenter the area you're already in it will not show again.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Maybe I didn´t explain myself well. In the town demo, every time brown pants walks to one of the defined areas, the notification is shown. In the screen shot above when I enter the first time one of the areas the notification is shown, if i leave the area and later on I enter it again the notification is not shown, is like having the Show Once checked.
  • It would actually be very helpful to have the area notifications always show if you want them to. It helps players know where they are. Especially if you're not using a minimap. They might not remember.
  • Ok, switched back to Legacy GUI and the behavior work as expected
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks Catacomber, actually that is what I´m trying to do. Show the notification every time the player enters the area and which is not happening when using uGui but works fine with Legacy Gui.
    I will appreciate if anyone can also confirm that using uGui will show the notification area once instead every time the player enters the area.
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • edited August 2015
    Using the Legacy UI it only showed once as well it seems on mobile. Looking at Omber last update which was made with the Legacy UI.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Catacomber thanks for reproducing the issue.
  • Actually, my apologies, it was too late at night---using the Unity GUI I can make the Area Name appear whenever you enter the scene. Just in World Area settings uncheck the Show Once box. : )
  • :( It´s already unchecked as shown in the attached image above
  • edited August 2015
    Again - the area notification will only be shown if you changed area, i.e. reentering the same area (i.e. using the same area ID) will not show the notification. You have to enter a different area first (i.e. a different area ID) and come back to the other area to show it again.

The Show Once option will prevent an area from ever being shown again (i.e. entering a different area and coming back to the already visited area will not trigger the notification).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • you can always have the notification to show you just have to make a hud to do it just like you do in the tutorial where you have the area showing in the overview menu you can use same set up just with a hud instead
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • Thanks for the reply to all, after adding more areas and changing back from Legacy to uGui the area behavior works as expected