I have seemingly difficult idea to pull off here.
I want enemies to take cover but it requires them to know which side of cover to enter.
So I have a box, you can take cover on either side.

Is there a way for the AI to tell which direction of cover they should take based on where the player is?

I guess it'd be a matter of them placing the cover object between them and their target...
I don't know, this one is tough...
Warborn
  • edited June 17
    1 Theory I have is to split each combat area into sectors and then have them move to the appropriate cover based on which sector the player's in... That takes a lot more setup though...
    Basically turning the combat arena into a grid... But I'm not using grid combat.. Could I still use grids for other purposes? hmm
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Warborn

• was able to create my own grid that tells the MoveAI where the player is and where to move the opponent.
    Warborn
  • Nice :)

Adding a built-in cover system to the move AI is on my todo-list, but it currently isn't a high priority.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool! It's something I'm planning for the whole series, so a more comprehensive way down the line would be wonderful.

Also I'm not sure if I misunderstood its use. but "Set MoveAI Target" wouldnt update itself.
    but "Set Navmesh target" did.
    Basically, with "Set MoveAI Target" The moveAI would move to the first waypoint set, and stop, despite the script telling it to keep updating based on player location.
    Not sure if that's a glitch or me misunderstanding the difference between the 2 movement nodes.
    Warborn
  • Changing a NavMesh target will tell the NavMesh agent to move there, so that doesn't do anything with the move AI.
    Using Set Move AI Target will tell the move AI to move to the target object using the selected movement mode, so if you move to the same target, the move AI doesn't do anything once the target is reached :)
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!