edited December 2018 in ORK Support
So flying enemies are a pretty big part of my game, but I can't figure out how to make them roam around without a huge collider underneath.
Is there a way for specific enemies to if ignore gravity?

Also in order to shoot at those flying enemies I've been trying to brainstorm a way to aim my characters gun.
Essentially tying her arm to mouse movement while holding a 'aim' button. Atm I'm not sure how to handle that. Any suggestions would be great.
Post edited by Wrofir on
  • Okay, I put character controllers on my AI... Im guessing that's what's applying gravity. I'll have to check that out after work
  • I've noticed that combatants have gravity even without a rigid body. And the gravity of the game seems to be set by the ORK framework system, and not by unitys physics. If so could I have a rigid body with gravity on with 0 unity gravity?
  • Well, all of this depends on your setup. E.g. how is your flying enemy's prefab set up - what component are you using for movement, etc.

Since flying enemies are probably moving differently, you'd need a different component driving their move AI that doesn't apply gravity. I'd bet there are some examples for flying enemies in Unity - ORK only needs to know how to move them (if ORK should do that).
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So far I've just been using character controllers and rigid body.
  • edited December 2018
    Can moveAI place waypoints above and below the user?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
  • If you're using placed waypoints, they can be placed wherever you want. The random waypoints are just generated for 2 dimensions, ignoring height.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!